Riyadh is considered a business destination and one of the richest cities in the world. However, it is also home to World Heritage Sites and the best museum in the Kingdom. From a distance, Riyadh looks like a city of modern towers rising from the desert.
Whether you have an inclination for gleaming skyscrapers and shopping malls or have a thirst for cultural sites, Riyadh will not disappoint you. Book Egyptair flights with Almosafer to enjoy a safe and comfortable trip and plan a great vacation here.
What to do and see while in Riyadh
Discover some hidden treasures in the old town as well as admire the modern architecture. Please note that the city enforces strict Islamic moral and cultural codes, and some attractions and sites are not open for women.
Given below are some places of tourist interest:
- Riyadh Kingdom Centre– Take a trip to the Riyadh Kingdom Centre and enjoy great views from the top of the tall building. Al-Mamlka Tower of the Riyadh Kingdom Centre belongs to a prince in the Saudi royal family.
- Al Murabba Palace- Explore the beautiful palace surrounded by lush green gardens and get an insight into the Royal lifestyle of the Saudi family. You will also get to look at the private apartments as well as political offices in the palace.
- King Abdullah Park – The King Abdullah Park boasts of colorful flower beds and sparkling fountains. There are vast playgrounds for kids, and this is a great place to unwind and relax and spend some time away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Those fountains look even more attractive at night when illuminated creatively.
- National Museum – Another key attraction of Riyadh city is the National Museum that displays the fascinating history of the Arabian Peninsula in its exhibits. This is the right spot to get a better understanding of Islam, and one can follow the movies, artifacts, and maps in a chronological fashion.
- Camel Market – The Camel Market is about 30 km outside of Riyadh and is considered to be the largest camel market in the region. You must visit the Camel Market when on a trip to Riyadh, but be prepared for the strong smells. The market comes to life every morning, and a number of vendors and buyers gather here for the buying and selling of camels, sheep, goats, and other goods.
- Al-Musmak Castle – The Al-Musmak Castle carries an important place in the history of Riyadh, and the fortress made of sand-colored bricks is a popular tourist attraction. Explore the castle to get a glimpse of the history of Saudi Arabia and how the city was recaptured.
- City of Old Ad’Diriyah – The Old Ad’Diriyah are actually ruins of the first capital of Saudi dynasties. Ad’Diriyah was founded in 1446 and is an interesting place to visit if on a trip to Riyadh. The splendid city is a witness to the rise of the Saudi State.
Hundreds and thousands of tourists and travelers book flights to Riyadh to explore several sights of interest in the fascinating city. So why wait? Travel to Riyadh and enjoy all these attractions now.