Acid reflux in babies is a common condition that plagues one in every two babies. It can make your baby uncomfortable during a trip. Finding the best car seat that alleviates your child’s reflux makes the trip comfortable for you and your child.
Convertible car seats are the best option for babies with acid reflux. Unlike normal car seats, convertible car seats do not put much pressure on the child’s stomach. You will find the best car seats for your refluxed baby in this article.
How Can I Buy a Suitable Car Seat for Babies with Acid Reflux?
The bucket-like shape of infant car seats put too much pressure on your baby’s stomach, making the reflux worse. Before you purchase a car seat for your refluxed child, there are key things to look out for.
The angle of recline in the car seat is important. Some angles put your baby in a slouching sitting position. This position puts much pressure on the stomach and makes your child more irritable. Make sure that the car seat can keep your baby in an upright sitting position. The upright position doesn’t put much pressure on your baby’s stomach.
Convertible car seats boast of a comfortable seating position, unlike the one by infant car seats. Infant seats are bucket-shaped and are designed to hold your little one securely even on a bumpy ride. While the design is safe, it is not suitable for kids with reflux because of its pressure.
We suggest you buy car seats that are adjustable, shallow, and have more relaxed angles.
Check the position of the harness. If it is placed close to the stomach, it tends to increase the severity of the reflux.
Buy seats with machine washable covers. Choosing the right car seat only reduces the severity of the reflux in your child. It doesn’t eliminate it. Spitting accidents can occur anytime; therefore, choose a car seat with a removable cover. This cover should be machine washable cover to make cleaning less of a chore.
If you intend to be switching the car seat between vehicles, get a car seat that doesn’t weigh so much.
What are Some of the Best Car Seats I Can Get for My Refluxed Baby?
Safety 1st Grow & Go 3 in 1
The Safety 1st car seat prioritizes the safety of your little one. It sports awesome features that would help reduce acid reflux in your child while on the road. The almost flat seat offers a more comfortable and relaxed seating position for your baby, exerting no pressure on the tummy.
- Machine Washable Cover: The car seat has a removable cover if your baby spits or vomits. The cover is made with an easy to wash the fabric and is machine washable.
- Multiple Seating Option: It can be used as an infant car seat, booster, and convertible seat. It suits the needs of your growing child to the tee. You can install it rear-facing in your baby’s first months then switch to forward-facing later.
- Cup Holder: The seat features a cup holder for storing drinks and snacks within reach of your child.
Britax Marathon ClickTight
Unlike infant car seats, the Britax Marathon Click tight is not bucket-shaped. With up to 7 recline options, it boasts of a more relaxed seating position.
- Multiple Reclining Options: You can recline the seat to any of the seven options most comfortable for your child.
- Machine Washable Cover: The cover can be removed easily when dirty and washed.
- Easy Installation: One distinguishing feature of this seat is the patented Click Tight technology that makes installation easier for you.
Another car seat on our list of car seats for babies with reflux is the Graco Extend2Fit.
- Machine Washable: It comes with a machine-washable seat cover that can be removed when messy.
- Recline Options: it sports six recline positions to help you discover the best sitting position for your reflux baby.
- The plush padding: makes your child as comfortable as is possible.
- Cup Holder: It sports two cup holders for snacks and drinks; the Graco extend2fit convertible seat is one of our favourites.
- Multiple Seating Options: It can seat your child rear-facing and forward-facing.
Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
Evenflo tribute car seat is great for infants who suffer from reflux. It is safe, comfortable, and comes at an affordable price. It works perfectly well for infants older than three months old(source).
- Easy Switch: The Latch system makes it easier to switch between cars.
Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat
The Evenflo Sonus car seat if perfect for those with a limited budget who want a good car seat for their refluxed baby. It is available in different attractive colors.
- Machine Washable: The reflux friendly car has a thin seat covering that you can take off easily and wash by hand or machine.
- Comfortable Sitting: it keeps your child in an upright position without exerting pressure on the tummy.
- Ventilation: The car seat is well ventilated, creating an airy atmosphere for your sleeping child.
Cosco Apt 50 Convertible Car Seat
The Cisco Apt 50 car seat is reflux friendly. It offers the perfect seating position for your refluxed child; keeps him upright without crushing the stomach. You can also remove the top padding when it gets messy.
- Height Adjustment: The seat comes with six height adjustment options
- Buckle: This seat sports three buckle options that make installation very simple.
- Cup Holder: comes with 2 cup holders.
Traveling with you a baby suffering from acid reflux can be made less stressful y purchasing the right seats. Infant car seats because of their shape, worsen your child’s reflux. We advise you to get a seat that doesn’t exert any pressure on your child’s abdomen. Extend2fit and Britox marathon click tight are some of the best seats for babies with reflux.
Leave a Reply