For most people, family is everything and we all strive to do what we can to ensure that our loved ones are happy and safe, which is the perfectly natural thing to do. We all live different lifestyles, of course, and here are a few ways that you can ensure the safety of your family.
- Regular physical check-ups – If the family visits a hospital once a year for a health check-up, this would highlight any issues and with early treatment, the problem would be solved. You should be registered with a family doctor and in a single visit, you can all be examined. There are health apps that you can download for free on Play Store and they can measure various aspects of your health. In the event you or any family member is unwell, you can probably book an online doctor consultation, as most GPs offer this service due to the pandemic.
- Comprehensive health insurance cover – When you activate a family health insurance policy, you have total protection for any medical issues, which is an essential these days, especially during a pandemic. Search online for a leading Thai insurance provider and check out the various health insurance policies designed for families, ranging from comprehensive to basic cover, where you choose the limits for in and out patient visits.
- Balanced diet – This is especially important for the kids, monitor their sweet intake and make sure they have a balanced diet that contains no sugar. As for you and your partner, regular workouts are important and if you can find a few family outdoor activities, so much the better – get into cycling and the whole family can enjoy the countryside. If you are soon to have a new family member, click here.
- Personal alarms – Digital tech brings in many benefits and for a small investment, your partner and the kids can have personal alarms. Start with an online search to find a supplier and take a look at the many features that these small devices have. There are some crazy people out there and personal alarms are a great way to make contact.
- Self-defence classes – Lots of kids are into MMA and learning such a discipline equips you to defend yourself; who knows, your children might develop a passion for the sport! Self-defence is an important skill to have, plus the classes keep you fit and active. Judo or Ju-Jitsu are great for learning how to deal with an attacker and there should be a Muay Thai gym near you if you live in Bangkok. Of course, Muay Thai is a traditional art that is embedded into Thai culture and a basic course teaches you a lot of self-defence techniques.
We live in a changing world and in these troubling times, it is important to protect yourself in any way that you can. Take out some Covid insurance as well as comprehensive health insurance and protect you and your family by covering medical costs.